To our community:
🤒COVID-19 is creating a lot of chaos, but as of now, we are operating as usual! We are honored to be an outlet for those still able to come in! You guys have done an amazing job of going the extra mile with our disinfecting procedures and ask that you help us continue to keep our facility spic and span and Corona-free 😉 Thank you guys for trusting us to help you prioritized your health and fitness. You’ve done everything you can to prepare for anything. You’re strong 💪 and healthy! That virus 😷 is going to have a fight on its hands if it runs into you.
Yes, it is true that there is a POSSIBILITY that our operations will be impacted 😞. While gyms in Washington and Pennsylvania have been shut down, we have taken the time to plan ahead for the POSSIBILITY that we will have to follow suit. We are prepared to help you stay fit and healthy. Please watch the following video and keep an 👁 out on social and your email for the latest info as we progress through this crisis.
In the short term, please observe the following:
- Most important of all: Don’t come to the gym if you are feeling ill or have symptoms. We will begin posting “At-Home” videos as soon as tomorrow. These videos will continue to be posted until this situation subsides. Please follow us on social and visit our Blog at ampstrength.com/blog to stay up to date. Members, please continue to check your email. We’ll get you moving!
- Scrub your hands often with warm water and lots of soap. Scrub and sing your ABC’s to make sure you’re washing long enough. Don’t touch your face.
- If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue or an elbow.
- Thoroughly clean any equipment you touch. You KNOW we have the cleaning supplies ready!!
- Please do not leave any personal items in the facility. Be sure that you are taking out everything that you bring in!
- We will not be offering towel service at this time. If you would like to take a few towels with you to launder yourself, please ask, we are more than happy to accommodate. Towels MAY NOT BE LEFT AT THE GYM!
If the government mandates that gyms and other public spaces close, we will listen.
We ARE Prepared.
We will not stop providing you with coaching, programming and inspiration. We will use our blog (ampstrength.com/blog) to program and instruct workouts. We take a lot of pride in being a part of your daily routine, and we’ll make sure you keep working out even if the government wont let you do it at 2248 Moody Parkway. You pay us for coaching, and we will continue to be your coach.
We want this to be interactive. Please engage with us on social. If you have questions, ASK, if you want more, ASK, we are here to help!
We will program workouts every day, with movement instruction and demonstrations. We’ll tell you how to use household items, and for members, we will even loan you equipment. We are more than prepared for this. WE have already finished our program for the next month and have begun to shoot our videos.
Here are a few good ideas that can help you prepare for “At-Home” workouts:
1. NOT MANDATORY: Go out and buy a kettlebell or a set of dumbbells. If forced to shut down we will loan them out. You find these at academy or Walmart for a very reasonable price. Select a weight that you would use in a conditioning workout (15, 25-, 35- and 55 lb. kettlebells are common, as are 10 - 40 lb. dumbbells). This will be your primary piece of at-home fitness equipment. It is better to err on the lighter side of your selections. Don’t worry: You can stay very fit with just one kettlebell or dumbbell. We will not be loaning equipment unless we are forced to close.
2. If you have the cash, buy one heavy object and one lighter object. Maybe a few different ones. If you don’t have cash, get creative. Fill some jugs with water, a backpack with books, clean off that old tire in the garage, and so on. If you can carry it, it will work ;)
3. Make a space at home where you can work out. It should be about 8 feet by 8 feet. Just don’t knock over plants or do a burpee on the dog’s tail.
4. Do the work. There are LOTS of unknowns right now. LOTS of things that are beyond our control. One thing that you CAN control is your activity. If you are unable to come to the gym, stay moving. All is not lost over the course of a few weeks. Your fitness can be maintained without tons of equipment. It will be MUCH easier to return when everything settles down if you move consistently in the meantime.
We sincerely hope to avoid closing but we are prepared for anything!
You will be taken care of.
We love you guys! Stay safe and healthy!
AMP Strength & Conditioning